Danzan Ryu Jujitsu Martial Arts Class located in the City of Rocklin, CA
The AJI was created in 1939 by Professor
Henry Seishiro Okazaki, The organization was initially
known as the America Jujitsu Guild. It's first president was
Charles Wagner. After the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Hombu
was closed by the authorities. A senior student, William Ah
Moo, succeeded in convincing the military authorities to allow
training to continue and the Hombu was reopened. During the
same period, Professor Okazaki was interned twice.
The name of the organization was changed to the American
Jujitsu Institute in 1943. The AJI was officially incorporated
on July 29, 1947 in the Territory of Hawaii. A new constitution
was drawn. It's president at the time was Dr. A.M. Glover.
Professor Okazaki was the honorary president. Charter members
included Professors Jack Wheat and Wally Jay. It's officers
at the time are listed on official documents as: